Road accidents don’t always happen between automobiles. At times, road accidents and mishaps involve vehicles and pedestrians. According to a study by the Governors Highway Safety Association, from 2009 to 2018, cases of pedestrian deaths have increased over 50%.
Whether you prefer to walk for work or take a stroll on the road to stay fit, always be alert and follow safe pedestrian practices. Since streets are filled with vehicles of every size, pedestrians are at high risk of getting injured. In case you met with an accident while crossing the road or walking on the pedestrian lane, immediately consult your personal injury attorney Hampton VA.
If you have suffered injuries or damage from out-of-control driver while crossing the road or walking on the sidewalk, you should get medical care.
As mentioned above, contacting a personal lawyer should be your first course of action. Find out how an experienced lawyer can help you file a lawsuit for a pedestrian accident.
- Speedy settlement: Hiring a personal attorney or a team of lawyers to handle your pedestrian accident lawsuit can help you in several ways. While one may think of fighting pedestrian accident cases on their own, in case of serious injuries, damage to personal property, wage loss, or expensive medical bills, hiring a professional will help you get the settlement quickly.
- Collect Evidence: There are times when the at-fault driver flees the scene of the accident. Proving that the cause of injuries or damage is the accident can be stressful. However, having a lawyer by your side will help you in collecting enough evidence and testimonies. Injury lawyer Virginia uses their resources to collect evidence and statements from passersby to establish accident and prove the driver’s fault.
- Legal representation: Although most pedestrian cases get resolved outside the court, lawsuits involving extensive damage and injuries require going in front of the judge. In such a scenario, having a lawyer ensures that you have fair and compatible legal representation in the court.
- Proving the driver’s fault: Proving the driver’s fault in a pedestrian accident case can be tricky as it requires expertise. Professional lawyers work with experts and accident re-constructionists that further helps in strengthening the case of the victim.
- Court work: Usually, insurance companies are also involved in vehicle accident lawsuits. Dealing with the insurance adjusters for the compensation can be a daunting and exhausting task if you don’t know how to negotiate in your favor. Lawyers can take over the hassle of negotiating a settlement with the insurance company on your behalf. Your lawyer will also ensure that you get fair compensation for your damages.
- Keep you updated: Personal injury cases, however trivial, can go on for an extended period. Whether you choose to opt for out-of-the-court settlement or go for a trial before the judge, you may have to wait for a long time to get justice. Managing lawsuit while carrying out a personal or professional life can be stressful. With a professional lawyer at your service, you can rest assured of your trial and never miss essential hearings.